Summer gatherings are a great time to make a big batch of this Sparkling Hibiscus Cooler. It’s simple to make, can easily be converted to an adult-only beverage with the addition of vodka or white rum, and is equally delicious without the alcohol – making it a perfect refresher for people of all ages. It stars one of our favorite teas, hibiscus. With a tart flavor like cranberry juice and a perfectly deep, magenta color, this cooler is perfect for any summertime celebration, especially the July Fourth!
Note: Hibiscus tea, when sweetened with some honey or simple syrup, is usually loved by people of all ages, including children!
Sparkling Hibiscus Cooler
Serves 10 or more
8 cups ice cubes
8 cups boiling water
8 heaping tablespoons of loose leaf Hibiscus tea OR 16 Hibiscus teabags
1/4 cup honey
1 bottle sparkling water
1-2 cups blackberries for garnish
Optional: 2 cups vodka or white rum
- Add 8 cups of ice cubes to a large punch bowl or beverage dispenser
- Add Hibiscus tea to hot water and steep for at least 5 minutes
- Strain tea into beverage dispenser
- Stir in honey, sparkling water and add blackberries
- Optional: add vodka or rum
- Taste and adjust sweetness or alcohol content based on preference.