Job Title: Senior Production Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Reno, Nevada
Pay Status: Salary
Pay Range: Open, DOE
Revision Date: March 2018
High Quality Organics (www.HQOrganics.com) is the largest wholesale provider of exclusively organic ingredients in North America – supplying Fortune 500 food companies. We directly import organic ingredients from over 50 countries and mill these ingredients to our customers’ specifications. By controlling each step in the supply chain, we are able to ensure the highest quality products at the lowest cost to our customers.
We are passionate about healthy living, sustainable agricultural methods, adding value to growers worldwide and delighting our customers. We have a strong team culture and love to promote from within and encourage internal growth.
- Manage all areas of Production (milling & blending), Food Safety and Security
- Manage productivity and cost metrics
- Build strong and high performance production teams focused on Productivity, Efficiency, Quality, Cost and Team Work.
- Work jointly with the QC team and produce quality product that meets customer requirements.
- Implement quality programs and monitor these programs during each step of the production process.
- Manage all safety programs and create a safe work environment.
- Solve production issues and drive continuous improvement.
- Manage the productivity, total output, labor and other costs.
- Have preventative maintenance programs in place for the maximum utilization of the machines.
- Work closely with the shipping team and achieve on-time delivery of products.
- Reduce waste, minimize change-overs and machine down-time.
Background & Skills Required:
- MUST be Bilingual in English & Spanish
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Production, with a preference in the food/ spice ingredient or dry food industry.
- Knowledge of Milling and blending is a plus.
- Proven track record with quantifiable results in Production, Productivity Improvements, Efficiency, Cost Management, Food Safety, On-Time Production, Team Building, and Equipment Utilization.
- Excellent knowledge and expertise of production equipment and machinery.
- Training and proven skills in problem solving and process improvement.
- Experience in HACCP, GMP, Organics.
- Knowledge of safe quality food (SQF) production methods, machine operation and employee training/development.
- Competitive Base Salary + Monthly Bonus potential; Full Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- Monthly bonus opportunity
- Internal growth opportunity