Title: Sales Manager
Reports to: Director of Sales
Pay Status: Exempt
Pay Range: DOE + Quarterly Incentive (percentage of base salary awarded based on Company Performance, Business Segment Performance and Individual Performance). Fully benefitted position.
Revision Date: February 2018
High Quality Organics (www.HQOrganics.com) is the largest exclusive wholesale organic ingredient company in North America. We provide custom milling, blending, co-packaging and assistance with food formulations/product development to food companies of all sizes. Our global reach is our competitive advantage. We source only organic ingredients from growers in over 50 countries. By controlling each step in the procurement process, we are able to ensure the highest quality products at the most competitive price.
Purpose of Position – Your primary responsibility will be identify customers where High Quality Organics can add value to their supply chain in the way of organic food ingredients. You will be focusing on selling wholesale HQO organic ingredients that include: spices, herbs, teas, botanicals, ancient grains, vegetable powders and mushrooms to food manufacturers, co-packers and bottlers.
- Identifies and sells to key accounts for industries, sectors and companies that will provide HQO significant sales growth which meet or exceed business objectives
- Monitors the sales-product forecasting model
- Understands and communicates information regarding the company’s products, services and market position
- Gathers and monitors information on market trends and competition
- Represents the company at trade and industry meetings
- Maintains and reviews all customer contracts including order entry to invoice value
- Interact with staff at all levels, and with groups of wide social, cultural, and educational diversity.
- All other duties as assigned by VP of Sales
- Position reports to Director of Sales and then VP of Sales
- Internal Relationships: Significant interaction with Purchasing, Sales, Production, Receiving, Shipping, Quality, Accounting and Management Staff.
- External Relationships: – Customers and Industry
Measures of Performance
- Sales performance vs budget and/or projected goals
- Sales forecast accuracy
- Margin improvement
Background and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years experience with a history of success in the sales environment. Quantifiable results will be requested.
- Desire to produce results, and has a plan to obtain these results
- Strong organizational skills with ability to collect and prepare data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven history of consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to succinctly exchange information in a formal meeting environment.
- Works well as a self-motivating team player who thrives in a fast paced, multi-tasking and results-oriented environment
- Strong problem solving ability with personal and business maturity
- Operates with a sense of urgency and consistently demonstrates the ability to prioritize workload
- PC literacy (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)